Thursday, February 28, 2008

Attempting to count my blessings

As roommates and coworkers can attest, today was not a bright-and-shiny day for Leeann. About half of what could have gone right didn’t, and a remaining three quarters actually got worse. But for that 10ish percent (I’m not good at math, okay?) that managed to not blow up in my face, I am grateful. This includes a longtime friend who emailed out of the blue early this morning and got my day started off right; a coworker who, despite my being on the brink of inflicting serious physical pain on him earlier this week, is sensitive enough to know when I’m at the end of my rope and bought me an ice cream sandwich; an encouraging friend who lets me call just to vent and actually convinces me that keeping my chin up is worthwhile; being home at a decent hour for the second time this week (and this time, I didn’t fall flat on my face at the bus station); an industrious roommate who made a dinner that hit the proverbial spot; and a sympathetic neighbor who lent me a card so I could get my laundry done.

My imminent prospects are also promising. I don’t have to be at work till 10 tomorrow. Going to play games with fun people tomorrow night. I don’t have an overcommitted weekend, which means it’s time for some therapeutic clothes shopping. (That reminds me, I get paid tonight. Woo-hoo!) And it’s supposed to get warmer. Which is good. Because 11 degrees at this bus stop this morning was unacceptable. Finally, February – the totality of which has had a tendency to be a very hard month for me for some reason – is almost over.

And there will be new mercies tomorrow.

They can’t come soon enough.

No comments: