Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A most blessed thing

It's amazing how such a small appliance, taken for granted from day to day, can become the most appreciated commodity after a monthlong absence. Rejoice with us! Wonderful news! We have a functioning dishwasher and we can finally start planning our kebob party!

5 comments:

Allison said...

we were going to have a kebab party? what in the world is that?

Anonymous said...

LOL - Dear me dorine moliere, I thought you were the educated one! *smirk* A kebab party is when you have people over for kebabs. Kebabs are when you put food on a stick and grill it. Sorta like they did before stoves were invented. :-P

Ashley said...

wish I could come!!!

And a thought on your previous post: it made me think of one of the first of my college friends I got to see in their "natural habitat." A certain San Diegan who was home for a few months post-graduation and pre-campaign trail, remember? It was so special for me to get a taste of your home (and your pineapple salsa ;-D). To walk down the same hallway where you took your first steps, and hike down the canyon which was the world's wilderness to you as a child exploring with your friends. And it was very cool to sit in a hammock in SeaPort Village, knowing that even though we met three thousand miles away, this place, with its view of the Pacific sunset, was familiar to both of us. I felt like I got to know you as much in those two days as I had in the previous two years.

Allison said...

I know birthday party, graduation party, even tea party - but a celebration of sticking dead animals on sticks over a fire is rather new to me.

Ashley said...

You could do vegitable kebabs, dear - which are actually very good! grilled mushrooms and peppers - yum :-)