Thursday, May 18, 2006

Graduation ’06 – Who’s In, Who’s Out, What’s Hot, What’s Not

Who’s in:

  • After a bit of a roller coaster ride with a plane ticket, Christy is in fact coming. I’ve not seen my dear friend, former roommate, and one-time debate partner since October. Looking forward to some quality GIRL time! (sorry Matthew :-P) Plans include Mai Thai and Old Town Alexandria tomorrow night, graduation, and whatever other trouble we can find.
  • Ashley, one of the actual graduates, is gracing us with the presence of herself and her family! Hopefully they’ll be coming by the townhouse to check out what will be, deo volente, her place when and if her path brings her “home” to D.C. Last thing I heard was they were somewhere in the Midwest, driving… driving… driving…
  • The Leichliters will be there with child… of course we don’t really get to meet the little tyke yet, but it’ll be fun just to know he’s there!
  • We heard Jonathan will be there, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Who’s out:

  • Czar is standing us up like the loser that he is. Be sure to stop by his blog and leave him hate comments, and visit Sarah here to offer consolation.
  • Allis will actually be a responsible ESOL teacher and be administering her final. She was too turned off by the idea of listening to anyone from Fox News for any length of time, anyway.
  • Not that they were planning to be there, but I really wish Brianna, Michaela, et. al. were coming.

What’s hot:

  • The fact that beautiful weather is being predicted for graduation. Not too hot, not too cold, not rainy or humid – just perfect. Go figure!
  • Picking up my Maid of Honor dress for Bethy’s wedding. (Don’t worry – it’s actually sage.)
  • Rings – and lots of ‘em. You’ll be hard pressed to find current or recent graduates who haven’t tied the knot or have immediate plans to.
  • My coworkers, in their own minds.
  • Nats games. (Don’t ask.)
  • Medicare Part D, obviously. (Really don’t ask on this one.)

What’s not:

  • Plethora of media attention – for some of the latest, check out the links here. Who knows how many cameras will be there, but I wouldn’t really mind talking to the press if it comes up.
  • The fiscal year 2007 budget resolution.
  • Students who don’t know how to handle the press.
  • Lots of letters back at the office.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer - I missed out on being in the "what's hot" section. *smirk*

Asparagus said...

Awww :-( I wish I could have come and seen you, too. Even if I would have joined the protesters across the street.

Yeah! Brit Hume! What's up with that? All the guy ever did is maintain a sober expression whilst following a script that most intelligent people couldn't read with a straight face.